Sign in to follow this  
bluovlpwr

68 or 69 front seats?

I just let go of both a set of 68's and a set of 69's with HR a few months back. I don't think there is any real difference in the seat itself except a slight minor difference in seat tracks. (seat track springs that is)

I understand your dilemma. The replacement seat foam is the same for 68-69 standard low back and so are the back side panels.

And you do realize the head rest is the same for 68 or 69 but was offered as an option for the standard seat in 68 while it was standard issue in 69

Its not my money so Its hard for me to say go for it.

I took out the standard 68 seat from my 68 and placed in the 69 w/head rest. I then bought some fox body seats and recovered them and out them in my 68. That's how I wound up with a set of 68's and a set of 69's w/head rest. I swear I can't remember seeing any physical difference between the two except for the head rest.

If you want them because of the head rests, and you don't want to risk it, then just buy the head rests them selves with mounting tack from ebay and convert you 68's. I'm betting you pay as much for just the head rests as you will for the seats. I sold my 69 seats with H/R for $80/pair

Thanks for all the response!! I'm needing 68' seats for my 68' fastback. These are close to where I live but I don't want the ones with headrest. So basically can these be made to look exactly like 68' seats by just buyin 68' upholstery and removing the headrest without any trick modification?

The head rest themselves will slide right out once you get the main post over the stop tab. (You have to pop the back panel off to access) The new upholstery whether its a 68 or 69 will not have any cutouts in the back for the head rests. They leave that up to you to determine where the cuts in the upholstery need to be made when installing the upholstery.

Go look at the seats, have them pop the cover off the back, you'll see what I mean