Sign in to follow this  
Zipppo

Wanted complete 6 cylinder power steering set up

If you can't get/find complete would you be willing to piece it together yourself? I think I might have a factory 250 powersteering bracket at home from a mid 70's Granada. I can check if you are interested. Then you'd still have to buy all the rest of the bits. The only inline six specific items are the PS pump itself and the hoses. The control valve, steering box, high pressure hoses from control valve to hydraulic cylinder, the hydraulic cylinder, and the hydraulic cylinder mount are all the same between i6 and V8

Are you allowed to make referrals to other sites here? If so check out Fordsix.com and they have a wanted section for the small sixes, somebody may have exactly what you need. I've been over there for years... since 2002...:helpsmilie: its a sickness.

I'm sure you know, but a '67 200 was originally equipped with a load-o-matic distributor and is designed to be used with a autolite 1100 with the Spark Control Valve (SCV). If you use a newer '68+ distributor (dual advance -- vacuum and mechanical) from a 170/200/250 you will need to plug the SCV at the carb and use direct manifold vacuum. Otherwise you will be chasing drivability issues forever..

You guys don't know I'm crazy yet.. but on my shop floor I have the following for future projects

1970 170/C4

1967 200/C4

1965 240/bellhousing/flywheel/clutch/3.03 bell pattern

1975 250/flexplate

1975 300/flywheel

I plan on shoving a Turbo/MPFI/300/AOD into my '67 Coupe

I have some six cyl parts new & used engine trans brake parts are new I should have the steering as well but need little help figuring out which one it is can you tell me any tags or markings thanks john in nj 973 427 3673:clap: