Sign in to follow this  
970fizz

70 mach 1 trans am theme street project

hi all!! thought i would start a build thread on my 70 mach 1.

i bought the car about a year ago in AZ. the car was a solid start and the previous owner had a good start to the project. rebuilt 351c 4v, rebuillt c4 auto, all new suspension, breaks, gas tank, fuel lines and the list goes on and on. the body was in fair shape, no rust and little body work.

well at least the car is about 90% free of rust, as for body work, about 3 months at my buddys body shop and little over $3k later, now the body is in good shape.

im in love with the 69/70 trans am boss 302's and knowing ill newer have a million bucks to buy a real team shelby or Bud moore t/a boss and i dont have the time or money to build a vintage race mustang, the next beat thing to do is build a trans am themed street mustang.

my gole is to have a 400+hp 70 mustang with a toploader 4 speed slammed on the ground with 15 inch torqs and huge meets for tires, with a tilted rear wing, big chin spoiler and 3" duel side exhaust!!! and not to forget LOUD!!!!

here a pic is from when i picked her up

308176_3809821652470_1034871685_n.jpg

Edited by 970fizz

so far i have bought a toploader 4 speed , clutch pedel, fly wheel bell housing, boss style rear spoiler, gt35r style mirrors, 15x7 and 15x8 Ar wheels with 235 and 295 bfg tires grab a track springs F/B, pro car seats, and over $3k im body work (still need to install the springs, tranny, seats)

1379998_10200800620926260_1574582800_n.jpg

top pis is the kar Kraft 1969 proto type boss 302 ta,

this is how i want my stance to be.

1467245_10201008464522220_1396992014_n.jpg

I have plans to

Build a custom duel 3" side exit exhaust

Build an aluminum chin spoiler

Roll bar

Custom gauge cluster

Fiberglass bumpers

Try to fit 315 tires out back

Cut 1/2 coil on the new grab a track springs

And install all my parts.

Not sure on paint!

May keep it matte black

Edited by 970fizz

I love the 69/70 T/A Mustang theme as well. Your car should really look the part once you have the stance, large chin spoiler and the side pipes. The matte black makes it look all the more sinister. Thought about removing the scoop to clean up the hood?

Will be watching closely to see how you come along. I want to add a few road racer touches to my 69 Mach as well.

Thanks, and yes I have thought about taking off the hood scoop. It would clean it up But since I'm not building a copy of one t/a car. I may just leave it. The 1969 Allen moffat boss

(Mach 1). Ran the 351 scoop And so did some others t/a cars.

When I first saw the matte black agent 47 69 mustang I thought matte black

Was the color I needed for my 70. So that's kinda the idea for my build, a mix between an old school t/a boss and the matte black agent 47 mustang.

I may even add boss 302 stripes to the car, I know some people don't like to see boss clones but even the bud Moore / team Shelby / Allen moffat and smoky Yunick's t/a cars were all R or M code cars.

Enjoy it while it's yours and don't be afraid to make it your own. I see you are running extended lug nuts, any specs on those?... where you got them? I bought a good used lathe a few months ago and one of the first projects I want to do is to get some 7075 aluminum hex bar and machine my own lugs.

x2 on lato's speculation on the reflective Boss stripes but from the name down only, not over the fenders and the hood.

Thanks

The lugs are from cobra automotive.

If I do the 70 boss stripes I'll set them low just like the bud Moore cars ran,

The next project is to put my new springs on and get my 4 speed set up over winter, and then build the side exhaust. Each side will have two 3" exhaust pipes that exit under the back half of the doors.