Sign in to follow this  
Patriotgamez

Edelbrock RPM Intake 351W

Has anyone milled the divider plenum on their 351W RPM air gap intake like the factory did on the RPM airgap Intake for the 302?

yeah...I saw the carjunkie video and that is what prompted this inquiry (even though their test was on a 302)

I know adding a square bore spacer would essentially allow crossflow between the plenums, but I don't have the clearance for that.

Edited by Patriotgamez

The video was a comparison of dual plane and single plane intakes, but when they tested the dual plane intakes (multiple models) they determined that milling the divider in the dual plane and/or adding a spacer resulted in better bottom end torque numbers. The test was on a SBC but I assume doing the same to a SBF would yield similar results...

So milling my RPM Air Gap Intake for my 351W would make my very hungry cam happy but I would rather get some feedback...especially if somebody has already done this. Like I said before, I don't have the room to add a spacer and want to get the best numbers that I can for my combination.

Not sure why the 302 intake came milled from the factory and the 351W did not? Must be a pretty good reason and is why I am hesitant to carve up a $475 piece of aluminum