Sign in to follow this  
FrozenMonkey

A/C Defrost duct lever

Has anyone fabricated their own out of metal or used something more reliable and cheap than the $30+ plastic ones that everyone is selling? Mine is snapped in half and even epoxy wouldn't hold it back together. The price they charge for this piece is downright highway robbery IMO and would definitely like to know if there is a better way to fixing this part.

173_0409_air_1a_z.jpg

Mine snapped and I made a repair doubler out of aluminum and bonded it to it. Has held together ok since but admittedly the car isn't running/driving yet. Post up pics of where yours snapped. Will see if I have pics of my repaired arm.

Edited by miketyler

It's back in the car with the dash all back in place or I'd show pics, but its snapped in the middle of that bend. The epoxy worked long enough through the test runs for me to be satisfied but sure enough failed after I got the car buttoned back up.

Plastic becomes more and more brittel with age. A new one won't break nearly as easily because it is more flexible. Another reason this part breaks so much with older parts is the divertor door hinge gets rusted and binds up. So the broken plastic is actually a dual failure issue. B.