Sign in to follow this  
Rcodenewf

1970 Mach 1

Posting this on behalf of my son. A little over a year ago my son purchased this 70 mach1 with the intention of both he and i restoring it back to its' former glory.

He's come to the realization that he has neither the time (young family) nor the funds right now to give it the attention and proper restoration it deserves.

I have a 70 convertible on the rotisserie right now for a customer and at the rate i'm going, it will take the remainder of this year to complete.

After that my R code takes precedence.

So, i'll describe the 70 as best as i can:

Original 70 Mach1 in the correct colour. Med blue metallic.

351 C car with automatic.

I haven't decoded the car entirely yet. Has factory rear spoiler and rear louvres.

Black interior.

All glass is good.

The car needs a fender, floor pans, carpet etc.

The engine was running when the car was parked inside 5 years ago. It appears to be stuck however I plan to put seafoam in the cylinders for a while and then attempt to turn it over manually.

Car comes with new front and rear bumpers , a new drivers side fender, new deluxe door panels, new headliner, new front spoiler, all new chrome trim (hood , drip rails etc) new left and right floorpans,new grille, new front valance, hood callout letters, dash cover, and a few other items i have forgotten about.

It will need front torque boxes. The original bumpers, twist locks, floor mats, etc are there. Car has the rimblow steering wheel.

Just wondering what a fair price would be for the car as it does have a lot of potential.

Thought i'd post the information on it here first before i consider putting it on ebay. My son feels bad that he has to sell it at this time and will probably regret it down the road but such is life i guess.

I plan on locating the serial number on the back of the engine as it is belived that this is the original engine for this car.

Car is located approx. 1.5 hours north of the North Dakota border into Canada.

Thanks....John

Edited by Rcodenewf

My son is presently buying a house so at this stage of the game we'll certainly entertain a respectable offer.

Throw one at me via pm and maybe we can talk. It does come with a ton of stuff.

Regards...John

My son is presently buying a house so at this stage of the game we'll certainly entertain a respectable offer.

Throw one at me via pm and maybe we can talk. It does come with a ton of stuff.

Regards...John

Thanks. No, sold it locally. I sold an old 97 explorer to a guy and his friend who accompanied him fell in love with both my 69's...both acapulco blue...so i took him over to see my son's 70 and the deal was struck.

Yep, i'm kind a partial to the blue as well :)

She's a great starting point as it was all original and came with a ton of new parts.

John

Edited by Rcodenewf

Unfortunately car is up for sale again.

Potential buyer paid us a small downpayment and never returned to pick it up nor does he answer any emails or texts.

Spoke with a relative of his and they can't believe he hasn't followed up.

I sent him numerous emails and texts with the last one to him advising that he has forfeited his deposit.

So, she's up on the block for sale again.

My son just moved into his new house and the car is now occupying his 1 1/2 car garage with tons of boxes, so she's got to go.

Had her sold for $11,500 but we'll take close offers.

As stated previously can deliver to the Canada/North Dakota border if buyer is from US.

Thanks again....John