Sign in to follow this  
Muletman

Reupholstering seats

I've been quoted $300.00 to reupholster my front buckets, this is labor only. I have the TMI Sport Seat upholstery and new foam pads, does this sound reasonable? Is this a job best left to a pro or something I should attempt to do on my own? Are there any good tutorials on how to do this?

That is about right though you may find some slightly cheaper and probably several for much more. I went down this same path thinking I was going to do mine myself but backed out after I got a chance to see how much work it was actually going to be. I came to the conclusion that for my expensive new upholstery and new foams, they were best installed by someone skilled.

Also I had PLENTY of other things to do on the car which helped me make the decision. I did the back seat upper panel myself and paid $250 to have the rest of the seats done. Choose your upholstery shop carefully. You will probably get what you pay for

That price sound close - of course your location may drive the price.

I paid $300 (near St. Louis) for both front seats and the rear -- had the covers and foam already. So the $300 was labor only. He ended up doing the rear seat back twice - since I failed to mark top and bottom and he guessed which way was up. Of course the first guess was wrong :blush: