Sign in to follow this  
sportsroof69

Went tithe track last night

Well, it sure seems like we may have all the issues sorted out on this turd, so I started with some easy nitrous hits last night. I unloaded it off the trailer with a .055 jet....LOL. My buddy that helps me with my nitrous tuning told me I'm waisting my time. I had to order new jets, because nobody I know has a .055 and a .040.

Anyways, that's what we had in it. The last time it went out, it went 11.24 on motor, which was its best motor pass. First hit on the 55 jet it did this.

b7c02051.jpg

I was pretty happy with losing 8 numbers on the 55 jet in a 3600 lb ride. It's August in Oklahoma too, so we are looking at hot and humid weather.

Well, just to check a few things, I decided to make a motor hit. With -9 plugs with a tight gap, it kind of surprised me when it did this.

1f64252b.jpg

We made 2 more hits and made a timing change each time. It slowed down a little on one, but I think the car would have went faster the last pass, but it got out of shape, so I let out. I can't add anymore nitrous until I get the converter tightened. It's just too loose. I'm only loosing 200-300 RPMs on the shifts.

Edited by sportsroof69

????? I don't know. I don't really care what a dyno says. Those numbers mean nothing to me. It's all about how it performs.

I had it on a chassis dyno last year, just for fun, but it was having issues. It made somewhere around 435.

435 all motor or with the gas?

Motor

It makes more. That was back when I thought I had ignition problems, but it was really an alternator problem.

Dyno numbers don't always tell the story though. People get too caught up in that mess.

I see. thanks for the clarification. can I ask about your 10 sec slips? On the motor or with the giggle gas?

dang... that's quick!

I just assumed that whomever it was had to get out of it after getting squirly or blowing up. The mph decreased as he went down the track.

Good to know that it wasn't a blown engine though, heh. I've never had a chance to drive or ride in a sub-11 second car down the 1/4. Must be an absolute blast!