Sign in to follow this  
Nightowl

Front Bumper Bolts on Frame.

I have a problem with 1 bolt out of 4 in trying to get one of them out. I have tried just about everything except busting it off. I can loosen it up, but then it goes into the stubborn stage. I could actually put the ratchet on it, and turn it out, then it would stop, so I would turn it back in. I tried an impact wrench on it, but maybe I need a bigger one. I have used penetrating oil on it to no avail. Any other options?:angry:

I think I am beyond that point. I can't get it turn in anymore either. I can feel the bolt thru the hole in the frame but that is about it. I am not sure if heating it up would help, but then I risk the chance of a fire. I did get the bumper off, so its a clean shot into it. The front valance is off, and that makes it a whole lot easier, but I would like to get it out without messing anything up. I may have to take it to a shop and let them put it up on the hoist and go after it. Damn.

I am going to run my camera up that hole and see whats going on in there. That bolt is totally loose, so maybe I can get it from the back or if nothing else, do like mymachone said to cut it off, and I should be able to pull the rest of it out thru the hole. It is on the right side of the car, so there is not alot of room to work with. I think taking out the battery tray may be the way to get some more room. I thought the nut was welded to the frame, but maybe years of rust may have taken its toll on it, and I actually broke that nut loose from the welds? Just not sure without putting the camera in there.