Sign in to follow this  
jholmes217

fastback 3rd seat belt?

Hey guys. I have a family of 5 (wife and three boys and myself.) The boys are ages 9, 6, and 4, so by WA law, the younger two have to be in kid seats. My two cars are both 69 fastbacks, and only have two seatbelts in back. I'm debating adding a 3rd seatbelt in the middle on the hump. Have any of you done this, and if so, how did you do it?

I would just add another belt in the center useing the same bolts that hold down the belts in your car already. Just mount the male on one side and the female on the other. This is how it's done in the larger cars.

I would just add another belt in the center useing the same bolts that hold down the belts in your car already. Just mount the male on one side and the female on the other. This is how it's done in the larger cars.

That's what I was thinking, but didn't know if anybody had tried it before and run into a snag.

Wow, the only 2 vehicles you own are both fastback '69 Mustangs? You have a very understanding wife! Keeping them reliable enough for DD duty is quite an accomplishment, congrats!!

Actually, my daily driver is a 2003 Durango, and the wife has a 2010 Grand Caravan for her daily driver. I had a buddy who worked at a Dodge dealership and she got me some deals that the Ford delaership couldn't even come close to.

I ran a middle seat belt in the rear of my previous 69 coupe (back when the kids were small enough to all fit back there). Used the existing mounting points that the other seat belts already use. No issues.