Sign in to follow this  
miketyler

FS: Hooker Sc long tube ceramic headers

Have a pair of these for sale for 351c 4v engine in 69-70 mustang. They are 6920-1hkr with silver ceramic coating. New, never run but have been clearanced for pitman arm. Available in DFW Tx area, Asking $275 obo.

21C1eU3P6bL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

5G95F55J73K83Ge3I4c3v8980df07a64d1729.jpg

5Kb5X55Jc3Gf3L43Ifc3ve69317f7c71f1c68.jpg

Edited by miketyler

Yes, I did have issues with fitment like everyone else but the reason I didnt use them was that the drivers side hung too low. As a result, I went with Sandersons instead., They are new and have never been run. LMK if youo are interested and will send some detailed pics.

Yes, I did have issues with fitment like everyone else but the reason I didnt use them was that the drivers side hung too low. As a result, I went with Sandersons instead., They are new and have never been run. LMK if youo are interested and will send some detailed pics.

Did the Sandersons fit better? A few years ago I tried unsucessfully to put a set of hookers on our 70 351 4v, they hit everywhere. The plain old black jacks almost fall out when the bolts are removed. The hooker folks told me that the chassis was tweaked...

Yes, the Sandersons fit much better and cleared everything. Admittedly its close in some spots with as little as an 1/8" but it clears.

As for the Hookers, that's the same crap Holley fed me. They seem like a quality product but fitment is hit and miss at best. I guess its easy for them to blame their faulty design or quality control issues on our 40+ year old cars.

My Hookers have been clearanced so at least the buyer wont have to deal with that task.

Yes, these are long gone. Sorry for not updating. If you are shopping for headers for a 351c car I would steer away from this model as you will have fitment issues. Lots of threads out there on problem fitment, just do a Google search on the part number.