Sign in to follow this  
Mike171

69 Mach 1 Base Model 351W

I have a 69 Mach 1 base model. 351W, 2-V, 3-speed, no p/s, no a/c, no frills, plain Jane, vanilla car.

I don't know how it should look under the hood. Here's the list:

1) What do the alternator brackets look like when they are bolted onto the block and what does the setup look like with the alternator in place?

2) How many grooves are on the crank and water pump pulleys and how does the belt(s) run. I assume a single belt and single groove pulleys with no p/s, a/c.

You get the idea. It's a real 69 351W block according to the casting numbers on the block. I have the T-Nut on the block for the alternator and date correct alternator brackets. There's some confusion since Mustang Unlimited says there's an alternator bracket sleeve for 69 351W but I can't see where I would need it and don't know where it would go if I do.

The pulleys have this project at a full stop right now. Part numbers, diameters, and number of grooves would be greatly appreciated.There are zillions of articles on the super-cars but nothing on Mom-and-Pop's. Pictures of the whole mess would be spectacular!!

Thanks.

Thanks for the link. I have this issue and it shows everything except what I need. I have the engine pics sitting on my air cleaner as a guide for the sticker locations, colors, etc but it's a p/s car. I don't know if the water pump pulley is correct and there isn't a good shot of the crank. My car will never be a show winner but I'm trying to get close. I appreciate the effort!

Fantastic!! Is it possible to get part numbers off the water pump and crank pulleys plus the water pump fan tower? If not, maybe some dimensions, diameters, heights? I know I'm pushing it. Between you and Buckeye, these pics are worth a million to us guys with regular cars. Thanks a whole bunch!