Sign in to follow this  
1969mustang

How do Drag Radials drive on the road?

I'm running a top loader 4 speed with a 3.70 gear and most likely going to set the limiter at 6500. It will be a while before the car is going to be driven but I am planning on getting a set of multihole wheels and possibly 275/50/15 mt's so that they will fit on my dads cobra replica also.

275-60-15's Will fill the whel wells out nicely, and give you the trap RPM your looking for with that gear and tranny im about 99% sure.

We were running that size tire in a 69 with a 5speed....we were trapping at about 5500 at the top of 4th gear and we were running 4.10 gears, so you should be good...keep the RPM's down unless you built a high winding motor...if its a Stroker, those cubes will make up for the lower RPM shifts, plus the motor will stay together LOL.

Big Cubes and Low RPM's make for a strong street mtor that you dont need to rev to the moon to make it go fast :)

Now that size tire might not fit your dads mustang thos LOL....thats a pretty big tire