Sign in to follow this  
1969 coupe

seat pan question

seat pans are simple sheet metal bent into a distorted "u" shape to raise the seat off the floor pan.

Not sure what got added to your car over the past 40 years, but it doesn't sound stock.

Look them up in a catalog to see what they should look like.

Convertibles were a little different but had a brace underneath the pan.

seat pans are simple sheet metal bent into a distorted "u" shape to raise the seat off the floor pan.

Not sure what got added to your car over the past 40 years, but it doesn't sound stock.

Look them up in a catalog to see what they should look like.

Convertibles were a little different but had a brace underneath the pan.

I ordered some Dynacorn seat platforms and they had the brace in the middle. The one I removed also had the brace, but had a platform on top of a platform. It appeared to be factory because the original paint and sealer was still there.

I used fastback seat pans in my coupe.

They were Dynacorn and came without the brace. I reused my braces after removing, sandblasting, sealing and rewelding.

310ddb41.jpg

15b07ed3.jpg

4164f5d0.jpg

813532c8.jpg

9179d6da.jpg

They must have been smoked up the day they installed my seat platform. I did not see that there was a choice on coupe or fastback. On the description it stated cp/fb and I assumed they were the same, interesting. Wonder why yours didn't have the brace installed already? BTW, I have to get one of those seam buster tools like you have Rev.

Rev, check your PM's