Sign in to follow this  
miketyler

Gotta love Bembro!

The wife and I both drive Infiniti G35's. Her car is optioned out better than mine and has the Brembro 4 piston aluminum brakes. I finally had to change her front disc brake pads. I was surprised at how damn tight the bolts were to get the passenger side caliper off. I was even more surprised to discover that the caliper didn't have to be removed at all and the pads will slide right out of the top. Now THAT is cool. I guess I am late to the party here again but are most other brakes done this way now?

Edited by miketyler
Fixed typo - thanks Max!

The wife and I both drive Infiniti G35's. Her car is optioned out better than mine and has the Brembro 4 piston aluminum brakes. I finally had to change her front disc brake pads. I was surprised at how damn tight the bolts were to get the passenger side caliper off. I was even more surprised to discover that the caliper didn't have to be removed at all and the pads will slide right out of the top. Now THAT is cool. I guess I am late to the party here again but are most other brakes done this way now?

Edited by miketyler
Fixed typo - thanks Max!

After busting a nut trying to get the caliper bolts loose I can REALLY appreciate this feature. Although there are 4 pucks to reset, its too easy with the old pad in place to get a screwdriver and carefully pry the pad away from the rotor to compress them.