Sign in to follow this  
Boss302

exhaust pipe,muffler issue

hey...

my muffler,flowmaster,decided to fall off due to rust...

..there are 2 mufflers,left/right side, the left one...im sure will fall off...sooner or later.

the Right one (passenger side) was the one that fell off at the seams because of rust.

i could have a friend weld the muffler back on to the pipe, for around $50

or keep it off, and wait till i can get a NEW exhaust system put on for around $290..

keeping the muffler OFF (the passenger side one), and now just straight pipe from exhaust mani, all the way back behind the wheel, where it broke off, wont affect the compression that much...would it?

i dont race it, but occasionally will drive it, short distances....

its a delima..

weld the old muffler back on to the pipe, later just redoing the exhaust pipes

or leave it off, wait til new exhaust comes..

or will the compression ruin things, since theres no muffler...

grande:302,v8

edelbrock performance 289 IM.

holley carb 600cfm

No problem dude. Don't tell me someone went there. Let me guess, the cold air rushing up into the open exhaust right after you shut off the engine will warp/bend your exhaust valves? Don't worry you are safe.

I think you have a better chance of passing out from carbon monoxide poising than hurting your engine. Bruce

No problem dude. Don't tell me someone went there. Let me guess, the cold air rushing up into the open exhaust right after you shut off the engine will warp/bend your exhaust valves? Don't worry you are safe.

I think you have a better chance of passing out from carbon monoxide poising than hurting your engine. Bruce

haha...

not that bad, something along the lines of back pressure, or the engine cant adjust to the pressure...i shrugged it off...

but thanks...