Sign in to follow this  
manley

Steering component measurments

I want to be able to positively id steering components such as center links and tie rods that don't have a part number cast on them. I REALLY want to know the measurements for the holes in the various center links and the measurements of the tie rods where they differ from 69 to 70. Where can I find this information? I haven't had any luck searching the web.

Thanks!

The diameter of the small end of the taper on the drag link for 67 to 69 Mustangs and Cougars except the Boss 302 and Cougar Eliminator is .506. The diameter of the small end taper for the 69 Boss 302 and Cougar Eliminator, all 70 Mustangs and Cougars, the 70 to 74 Maverick, and 71 to 74 Comet is .534. I don't know if the shape/length of the non Mustang/Cougar drag links are identical, but I would expect they probably are.

I obtained this information from a Moog website, not actual measurements. I tried to paste the URL into this thread but it didn't work.

Edited by 69gmachine
clarification and spelling