Sign in to follow this  
69fstback

how to hook leaf spring car?

So... i had a 351 in the car.. puting out about 375-400hp at the motor nothing crazy.. im swaping that out for a 460 stroker to a 496.. this will make about 400-450 at the wheels no to mention close to 500 torque...plus once its dialed in i have a 125 shot for it...

how am i going to get this to hook at the track?

here is what i have so far... 5 leaf rear springs, 50/50 shocks, cheapo traction bars, with a 27x9' micket thomps et street... skinnys up front

3.89 gear..

might put the battery in the trunk....by he way its a steet car... drive to local car shows and the track..

Im hoping this should hook up ok... i never did get the 351 to the track with the sticky tires only street tires and only could muster a 12.57...

anymore ideas how to got it to hook better with leafs let me know please..

Caltracs are awesome. You may want to look into their split mono leafs as well. Multi leafs have a hard time hooking, as compared to the split monos. The spilt leafs can pivot in the middle, which helps their geometry.

I have the Calvert Racing 90/10 shocks on the front, with an otherwise stock front suspension, and I have CalTracs on stock multi leafs, with the Rancho RS9000 adjustable shocks. The next time out, I will have split monoleafs. With this setup, my car consitantly cuts a low 1.5x 60's, even with the stock multi leafs. The great thing about the Caltracs is the adjustability. My car was driving off the right rear tire pretty hard, so I just put a turn on the left CalTrac, and now it comes out straight, with the front tires about 2' off the ground.

Edited by sportsroof69