Sign in to follow this  
rc4mike

Power windows won't go up

Got mine from cj. I wonder where umcan find the 4mm felt? I'm temped to us felt from my orig door panels

I think there are two different sizes of felt available and me be thinking yours is too tight. I think it is 4mm or 6mm.

Failing that one trick I use is silicone spray on the glass where the felt runs to loosen it up.

Hang on I think I confused myself. There are adjustable brackets at the top of the door underneath the upper trim panel which add tension to the window felt. You may need to back them off a little. Sorry, I was thinking of my falcon.

Edited by Lemon Owner

Hmmm I have deluxe panels. Never seen these adjusters. Wonder where u get them? Do deluxe panels use these? I don't see these in my assembly manual. What car are those photos from?

Edited by rc4mike

Hmmm I have deluxe panels. Never seen these adjusters. Wonder where u get them? Do deluxe panels use these? I don't see these in my assembly manual. What car are those photos from?

These are pics from my 69 coupe. It is a poverty pack though so maybe the deluxe doesn't have them. Although from memory when I took off my mach1 door trims they were there but I could be mistaken.

I pulled the door trims off my mach1 last night and like you said it did not have the brackets. It does have the holes for them but they appear to have never been used. So in answer to your original question I have no idea how to help. Sorry!

BTW did you get it sorted out?

I pulled the door trims off my mach1 last night and like you said it did not have the brackets. It does have the holes for them but they appear to have never been used. So in answer to your original question I have no idea how to help. Sorry!

BTW did you get it sorted out?

Mine has those holes as well. I ended up shimming between glass and the brackets that bolt to the glass. I needed to tilt the glass away from the inner felt. This has helped a bunch. Still need to tweak but appears this is the solution. Thanks

Mine has those holes as well. I ended up shimming between glass and the brackets that bolt to the glass. I needed to tilt the glass away from the inner felt. This has helped a bunch. Still need to tweak but appears this is the solution. Thanks

Glad you got it sorted, sorry again I couldn't help.

Are those factory windows or after market? I bought aftermarket to put in my car and like my Cuda, am sure will be issues getting the up and down speed balanced.

Yes the worst window was aftermarket. However my other door is orig glass and still drags but not as much as the new glass did.

Actaully I was referring to the motorized equipment. I bought the Electric Life kit that most people claim is weak and underpowered. In the Cuda, windows would go down at nearly a free-fall speed. It was just a matter of adjustment though to get these working properly. Hope the Mustang set I purchased will install and operate ok.

Actaully I was referring to the motorized equipment. I bought the Electric Life kit that most people claim is weak and underpowered. In the Cuda, windows would go down at nearly a free-fall speed. It was just a matter of adjustment though to get these working properly. Hope the Mustang set I purchased will install and operate ok.

Yes mine are electric life. Not impressed w their power. Even w no felt they are still slow to lift. I can't find a bind so I'm either missing the problem or they lack power.