Sign in to follow this  
Rick69Coupe

1969 2bbl Airflow Adjustment Screws

The two air adjustment screws on the base of my stock 2bbl carburator were backed off less than one turn out from stop. I'm told they are typically backed off about three turns. If someone has had some excperience with this and can tell me what worked for them, I would appreciate it.

While idling your engine, turn each screw in slowly until your rpms start going down. Then turn that screw out, counter clockwise, half to three quarters of a turn and you should be set. Do that back and forth with each screw several times until they are balanced out between each other.

Having said that, you might want to turn the screws out several turns first to make sure they are not screwed in to far to begin with. You may have to lower your idle speed during this process. During these adjustments it is not that uncommon for the idle to go up. It it goes up to high you will no longer be using the carb's idle circuit. Which of course is the circuit your are trying to make adjustments on. Bruce