Sign in to follow this  
snafu

Deluxe Door Panel Cups - Metal or Plastic?

snafu, do you have a 69 or a 70? This issue was corrected with the 70 models, as the pull cup was shortened. I'd go with the metal ones and make sure the screw at the bottom is fastened tight as well as the screw at the front of the pull cup to the door panel. When closing the door be sure to pull from the actual cup and not the portion where the door handle is. Pulling from the door handle opening is most often the cause to the breakage.

The panels I have are 69 with the rectangular opening for the mirror controls. The cups were broken off, but the seller said they take the short cups. Is there something I can measure to confirm what I need? Or, can I use the short cups with either style panel? I'll also be replacing the bracket for the door.

You should be able to tell by looking. The back of the hole on the door panel pull cup on the 69 is about in line with the back of the opening of the door light. The back of the hole on the door panel pull cup on the 1970 is at the front of the hole for the door light.

1969:

89c9_1_b.JPG

cf_1.JPG

$%28KGrHqF,%21lEE1F17yTw2BNetZLJV+%21%7E%7E_12.JPG

$%28KGrHqF,%21lkE4lrfVIM%28BORJSqgr-Q%7E%7E0_12.JPG

1970:

1e2f_12.JPG

a0_1.JPG

D0ZZ65239423BKD.jpg