Sign in to follow this  
69gmachine

Cool local cars

I live in a fairly small county; we just broke 100,000 people this year. I work on a navy base with approx 24,000 other folks. There's a disproportionately high number of cool muscle cars in this county, which is super cool, because a lot of them get driven.

Yesterday on my way back from lunch, there was a burgundy '69 coupe in the lane next to mine. I wonder how long it's been since that's happened?! Today there is a 70 Plymouth something or other in the parking lot. It's paint scheme is very similar to mine; red with a black hood. I love it here!

I live in a neighborhood with a whole bunch of car guys. There are 4 Mustangs, 65 & 66 coupes, 70 Mach 1 an my 70 convertible. A Cobra kitcar.

One fella has a totally awesome 69 comaro SS, tricked out to the max.

a couple of 70s era Firebirds and a 60s Impala

The local towns hold crusie nights where they shut down Main Street and old cars take over. It's great to watch Saturdays when they are all out heading to the car shows and you see lots of cool cars intermingled in the traffic.

I live in Ottawa Canada, where summer is only four months long, so when it is not raining, you tend to see more toys on the road than usual. Unfortunately, the weather here takes its toll on these old cars, so there are not too many survivors, so you appreciate one when you see it...