Sign in to follow this  
DarkBuddha

Need a few sportsroof measurements

I've got a friend who is working on a concept for another project and he wanted some measurements to work with. Since my car is 45 minutes away, I can't get them until next weekend, but I'm hoping some of y'all can get the measurements and post 'em here for me (and posterity). Here's what he's looking for:

1. taillight dimensions (1970 model only)

2. taillight panel dimensions (1970 model only)

3. length of the hood

4. length of the rocker panel

5. width of the deck lid

He needs sportsroof (fastback) measurements only, since that's the kind of project concept it is. And I'd actually like to have a few people do the measuring so we have verification and an idea of the production tolerances.

Thanks in advance. :)

I've got a friend who is working on a concept for another project and he wanted some measurements to work with. Since my car is 45 minutes away, I can't get them until next weekend, but I'm hoping some of y'all can get the measurements and post 'em here for me (and posterity). Here's what he's looking for:

1. taillight dimensions (1970 model only)

2. taillight panel dimensions (1970 model only)

3. length of the hood

4. length of the rocker panel

5. width of the deck lid

He needs sportsroof (fastback) measurements only, since that's the kind of project concept it is. And I'd actually like to have a few people do the measuring so we have verification and an idea of the production tolerances.

Thanks in advance. :)

Well I can answer the last three ( i have a 69 ), The hood length is within a 1/4 in acuracy and i got 58.5 inches including the trim, but not including the cowl. The rockers were both exactly the same at 60 and 3/8 inch at the top ( i measured from the front side of the rear wheel well to where the door and fender intersect. The deck lid was 43 and 3/8 fore and an even 43 aft., (where the letters "m u s t a n g" are) hope it helps!

I've always thought it would be an awesome looking custom if it were about a foot wider and 6 inches shorter.

Well I can answer the last three ( i have a 69 ), The hood length is within a 1/4 in acuracy and i got 58.5 inches including the trim, but not including the cowl. The rockers were both exactly the same at 60 and 3/8 inch at the top ( i measured from the front side of the rear wheel well to where the door and fender intersect. The deck lid was 43 and 3/8 fore and an even 43 aft., (where the letters "m u s t a n g" are) hope it helps!

I've always thought it would be an awesome looking custom if it were about a foot wider and 6 inches shorter.