Sign in to follow this  
miketyler

Detailing 69-70 deluxe interior instrument

I had my instrument and clock panel from my 70 Mach 1 vacuum metallized and am ready to paint detail them. Have any of you done this before?

I have a 69 panel and clock panel to use as a pattern but have a few things I could use some guidance on. I think most of it is flat black except for the instrument bezels. I have read they are an argent silver but cant find anything by that name. Does anyone have pics of their nice original instrument panel that illustrates what these should look like?

Also any pointers on detail painting? I know it will be alot of fine masking as only the raised surfaces are left chrome. Any advice is appreciated

housingma.jpg

Edited by miketyler

I am going through the same pains as you. I have both, instrument/clock, bezels at Auto Instruments right now to get refinished and detailed out. You might give them a call and see what "silver" they are using for those portions of the bezel. They do great work and did a set of a/c vent balls for me last year. Hope that helps. Bruce

I am going through the same pains as you. I have both, instrument/clock, bezels at Auto Instruments right now to get refinished and detailed out. You might give them a call and see what "silver" they are using for those portions of the bezel. They do great work and did a set of a/c vent balls for me last year. Hope that helps. Bruce

Pretty much any/every Mustang part supplier sells argent silver paint in a rattle can, it shouldn't be too hard to find. I got some from Virginia Classic Mustang the last time I used it, Argent is applied to the car in numerous places inside and out.

http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/ARGENT-SILVER-PAINT-P3378C1140.aspx

Edited by Pakrat

Pretty much any/every Mustang part supplier sells argent silver paint in a rattle can, it shouldn't be too hard to find. I got some from Virginia Classic Mustang the last time I used it, Argent is applied to the car in numerous places inside and out.

http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/ARGENT-SILVER-PAINT-P3378C1140.aspx

Edited by Pakrat

Thanks for the responses, my panels have already been vacuum metalized (chromed) I just need the detail expertise to paint them. I tried Tachman and Ray Azcue and both claim they only detail panels that use their plater. I think I emailed AI and they didnt bother to return my email.

Edited by miketyler

Thanks for the responses, my panels have already been vacuum metalized (chromed) I just need the detail expertise to paint them. I tried Tachman and Ray Azcue and both claim they only detail panels that use their plater. I think I emailed AI and they didnt bother to return my email.

Edited by miketyler