Sign in to follow this  
Mattmustangman1969

TKO 600 clutch bleeding

Hey guys,

I've havn't been on here in a while and i've finally hit a road block with my car... Basically I need some help bleeding my clutch. I have a wilwood 3/4 MC and a mcleod throw-out bearing. i've tried to bleed it normally just pumping and cracking the bleeder. I've tried pressure bleeding it and believe it or not I got pretty close to getting most of the air out, but there still is air in the system and it is causing a loss in travel of the throw out bearing....

so any ideas would be great

Thanks

Matt

First, never pump the clutch, all you do is create tiny air bubbles that are impossible to get rid of. I don't recommend pumping for brakes either btw. The trick to bleeding a hydraulic throwout bearing is to extend it manually, open the valve to let the fluid out, press and hold the pedal to the floor, then close the valve. There may be other ways that work, but this works for me every time. Let us know how it works out.

I recommend pressure bleeding the crap out of it. The reservoir should have a little hole in it. Take your air compressor blow gun with the rubber tip and apply 10psi or so to the reservoir (helper does this), while you are underneath cracking the bleeder line open. If your reservoir is as small as mine, it takes many refills. I probably refilled it 10 times before I was happy with the bleeding. Use a clear hose from the bleeder to your catch can so that you can see when the bubbles are gone. Most likely by pumping the clutch pedal you created a ton of tiny bubbles and you basically have to get all the fluid out and in with new. I'm using the Wilwood M/C with remote reservoir (from Modern Driveline) as well as a McLeod hydro throwout bearing in my T56 and this process was perfect for me. Just don't let the reservoir run out of fluid ;)