Sign in to follow this  
Aw4g63

How do you guys feel about hardware kits?

I'm looking to pick up a master fastener kit for my car and found two on ebay.

Anyone know of a cheaper, better or have any tips on which kit to get?

I don't think I can bring myself to drop $300 on bolts but I have a feeling it will just make my life so much easier. Thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-70-MUSTANG-STAINLESS-BODY-FASTENER-HARDWARE-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZalgoQ3dLVIQ26ituQ3dUCIQ26otnQ3d4Q26poQ3dLVIQ26psQ3d63Q26clkidQ3d7155162582656604750QQ_trksidZp5197Q2em7QQcategoryZ34202QQitemZ330094893810

I'm a big fan of them but there are cheaper and more factory correct kits than the full stainless set you linked to.

AMK makes about the best and most accurate one for about half the cost of that kit and you can get a kit like this for just about every single part of the car like interior and such.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/MASTER-BODY-FASTENER-KIT-1969/p/MBK5/

Edited by Pakrat

These kits are a life saver for me as the guy i bought the car from,an unfinnished project handed me tins and icecream containers full of nuts bolts and screws.nothing bagged or labelled.What an idiot.But i knew these kits were available so didnt bother me so much but hes still an idiot no less.

Even if you bag and tag everything perfectly something is always missing or stripped and unusable or replaced with something incorrect by someone over the last 40 years. Not to mention that cleaning up old hardware is a major PIA and putting it back used looking on stuff that is all new and fresh just really detracts from all the hard work.

Even if you bag and tag everything perfectly something is always missing or stripped and unusable or replaced with something incorrect by someone over the last 40 years. Not to mention that cleaning up old hardware is a major PIA and putting it back used looking on stuff that is all new and fresh just really detracts from all the hard work.

Yeah,thats true :thumbup1:

Recently I ran into the same issue of missing hardware when we were finally putting the motor and transmission back into the car. I could not find the transmission bolts and had to go to part store after part store searching.