Sign in to follow this  
StephenC

110 Low Lead?

I have a friend who works at a private airport and I was talking to his the otherday and he said that I should try 110 Low Lead in my Mustang? He said that others have used it and said that there cars have never ran better. Has any here tried it or using it currently?

Unless you have 11 to 1 compression or more, it's not worth it. If you have a very high static compression ratio it would allow you to bump up your timing to maximize power, but otherwise it's just going to waste, and it costs around $7 a gallon.

I use to use it in my 12.6 to 1 306 , it was a cheaper alternative to actual race fuel and if works pretty good, the only problem I had was it ran alot drier, it did not lube well, my holley blue pumps would sieze up and have to take them apart to oil them, so I would run a little diesel or 2 cycle oil with it , once I spilled some and it evaporates alot faster than gas..

The specific gravity for AV gas is lighter than auto fuel so if you run it more the 50% you need to jet up for it or it will run lean. But any motor above about 10 to 1 will like it very much. If you have never run it before it will clean out varinish and deposits and on one motor, the float bowels on my Holley started leaking but once that was taken care of it ran great and about the same price as super unleaded. My Holley jets were 72's and I bumped them up to 75's and the plugs looked great running straight AV gas.