Sign in to follow this  
panteramatt

ssbc brake kit?

With SO many brake kits out there its really tuff deciding what to go with. Well, whats your opinions on this kit for my 69: http://www.ssbrakes.com/commerce/detail/index.cfm?nPID=8741

$800 on their site for red powdercoat but cj has em on sale for $600! Was gonna go with a bullitt 13" setup cause eventually Ill be puttin on 17" shelby razor rims on, but that kit would cost more whan all said and done. I could run this kit now with my 15" magnums. Think 11" rotors would look stupid with 17" wheels? How well would they compare with the bullitt kit and Id be converting to power brakes so Id need a booster, proportioning valve, and mc. Anything else I would need?

You will need a power brake pedal. I don't have the info at hand, but check CJ's or National Parts Depot.

CJ's:http://sitesearch.cjponyparts.com/search?keywords=power+brakes+pedal

This info from CJ's description page:

BRAKE PEDAL ASSEMBLY AUTOMATIC POWER BRAKES 1967-1969

Part Number: PDA

Brake Pedal Assembly for 1967-1969 Mustangs with Power Brakes and an Automatic Transmission.

This is a direct replacement for your damaged or missing original brake pedal assembly.

Mounts with a 3/8" bolt in the top of the pedal support. Pedal is longer than a 1967-1969 manual brake pedal due to the different mounting position.

*This pedal is made from 1968 style tooling. It will fit 1967 without any problems but does have some visual differences. It has more curvature at the bottom to provide clearance for the 1968 style steering column. The pedal position remains the same at the bottom but it does use a 1968-1969 style pedal pad. Use HW1205 for the pedal pad.

*Will also fit 1970 Mustangs with a 1967-1969 style brake booster only.

HTH Hoover

Edited by Hoover
added link