Sign in to follow this  
69mustang351W

Mallory or Pertronix spark plug wires?

Im from Norway and its difficult to get wires with quality here. So I have to order from USA. Im gonna order pertronix or mallory. I have the igntitor and flamethrower coil from pertronix, so it should be most logic to order wire from pertronix. Someone who has experience with wires from mallory or pertronix? What is probably the best?

Im from Norway and its difficult to get wires with quality here. So I have to order from USA. Im gonna order pertronix or mallory. I have the igntitor and flamethrower coil from pertronix, so it should be most logic to order wire from pertronix. Someone who has experience with wires from mallory or pertronix? What is probably the best?

The Pertronix "dual paths" is a gimmick. I'd recommend Magnacor. They make a replacement spiral wound "electrosports" 7.0 mm wire that looks very stock while providing good EMI suppression.

Also, check out their FAQs and "the truth about ignition wire conductors" page on their website. http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/main.htm

The Pertronix "dual paths" is a gimmick. I'd recommend Magnacor. They make a replacement spiral wound "electrosports" 7.0 mm wire that looks very stock while providing good EMI suppression.

Also, check out their FAQs and "the truth about ignition wire conductors" page on their website. http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/main.htm

Summit brand wire kit that you can cut/make yourself. A great quality wire, reasonable price, and looks beautiful if you take your time and properly cut/align the wires.

IMO: Don't bother with fancy wires. Good quality 8mm wires are all you need unless you are running some sort of hardcore combo. Anything more is just money that could have been better spent somewhere else.

Summit brand wire kit that you can cut/make yourself. A great quality wire, reasonable price, and looks beautiful if you take your time and properly cut/align the wires.

IMO: Don't bother with fancy wires. Good quality 8mm wires are all you need unless you are running some sort of hardcore combo. Anything more is just money that could have been better spent somewhere else.

If I remember right, I have taylor. I tried to use the timing light, but it was something wrong with the wire to the first cylinder. I also got electical spark in my fingers when I rotated the distributor, touching the wire ends fitted to the distributor cap.Of course, I could have checked all the wires with an ohmeter. But I choose to buy new ones, by another brand than taylor:)

If I remember right, I have taylor. I tried to use the timing light, but it was something wrong with the wire to the first cylinder. I also got electical spark in my fingers when I rotated the distributor, touching the wire ends fitted to the distributor cap.Of course, I could have checked all the wires with an ohmeter. But I choose to buy new ones, by another brand than taylor:)