Sign in to follow this  
Runragged

393 Stroker badging

I've got a 393W Stroker motor but can't seem to find anybody who makes badging for that? I've seen just about everything else but something "period correct" looking with the 393. Anybody know where/who I can find one?

I've got a 393W Stroker motor but can't seem to find anybody who makes badging for that? I've seen just about everything else but something "period correct" looking with the 393. Anybody know where/who I can find one?

I was looking for the 393 hood scoop badge, especially since you can get regular decals for your existing hardware. Couldn't find any so I called my boys at Scott Drake, since they create a lot of this stuff.

They say they don't have demand for it. I found that odd, but I guess I wouldn't expect any real soon.

I was looking for the 393 hood scoop badge, especially since you can get regular decals for your existing hardware. Couldn't find any so I called my boys at Scott Drake, since they create a lot of this stuff.

They say they don't have demand for it. I found that odd, but I guess I wouldn't expect any real soon.

If there is an interest in a few of these, I can get some made. Let me know if you are interested, and I will work up a price. I would probably use billet aluminum and machine them to match the original style if that is what everyone wants. They would not all have to be the same engine size. That would be easy enough to change.

Tim

If there is an interest in a few of these, I can get some made. Let me know if you are interested, and I will work up a price. I would probably use billet aluminum and machine them to match the original style if that is what everyone wants. They would not all have to be the same engine size. That would be easy enough to change.

Tim

This is not a hood badge but a sample of what could be done. I cut and fit the aluminum piece for the above glove box insert and had a friend CNC the '427 POWERED BY FORD'. Filled the lettering with paint, blocked sanded and polished it out. I will be running a 427 Windsor in my '70FB.

p5270004.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

p5270008.jpg

This is not a hood badge but a sample of what could be done. I cut and fit the aluminum piece for the above glove box insert and had a friend CNC the '427 POWERED BY FORD'. Filled the lettering with paint, blocked sanded and polished it out. I will be running a 427 Windsor in my '70FB.

p5270004.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

p5270008.jpg