Sign in to follow this  
Davib Butler

I need sheet metal, back pillar post/B-pillar/back door jamb.

Can you help me? I need new sheet metal for left side back pillar post/B-pillar/back door jamb whatever you call it. On my 69 mustang it is rusted out where it meet's the lower rocker panel. I know they stamp out this piece, because you can get the entire driver side door/quarter panel frame assembly ,( $1,399.95 C J Pony Parts.com M3646L ) and this piece is in that assembly,but I do not need all of that. Let me know.

Can you help me? I need new sheet metal for left side back pillar post/B-pillar/back door jamb whatever you call it. On my 69 mustang it is rusted out where it meet's the lower rocker panel. I know they stamp out this piece, because you can get the entire driver side door/quarter panel frame assembly ,( $1,399.95 C J Pony Parts.com M3646L ) and this piece is in that assembly,but I do not need all of that. Let me know.

You'll probably have to find a donar car to cut one out of or repair the one you have (not sure how bad it's rusted out). I called a couple of vendors that sell the quarter/door assembly to see if I could acquire specific pieces (front door post, a-pillar, inside cowl panel), not the entire units...and ended up with a 'can't do it'. I tried getting the manufacturers contact info as well, since it was most likely stamped in Taiwan and assembled there...didn't make any headway there either. My hope was to get the direct info and use my contacts in the Pacific Rim countries to procure some pieces for me...but no such luck. Wish I had better news.

Edited by Legion

You'll probably have to find a donar car to cut one out of or repair the one you have (not sure how bad it's rusted out). I called a couple of vendors that sell the quarter/door assembly to see if I could acquire specific pieces (front door post, a-pillar, inside cowl panel), not the entire units...and ended up with a 'can't do it'. I tried getting the manufacturers contact info as well, since it was most likely stamped in Taiwan and assembled there...didn't make any headway there either. My hope was to get the direct info and use my contacts in the Pacific Rim countries to procure some pieces for me...but no such luck. Wish I had better news.

Edited by Legion

This guy may have a the part you need. I bought a cowl off him a couple years ago that was in pretty good shape. He has a couple of 69 and 70s in his yard - tell him Bob with the Red Boss sent you. Good Luck..

Charlie @ 574-896-3231 - He is in NW Indiana

This guy may have a the part you need. I bought a cowl off him a couple years ago that was in pretty good shape. He has a couple of 69 and 70s in his yard - tell him Bob with the Red Boss sent you. Good Luck..

Charlie @ 574-896-3231 - He is in NW Indiana

You'll probably have to find a donar car to cut one out of or repair the one you have (not sure how bad it's rusted out). I called a couple of vendors that sell the quarter/door assembly to see if I could acquire specific pieces (front door post, a-pillar, inside cowl panel), not the entire units...and ended up with a 'can't do it'. I tried getting the manufacturers contact info as well, since it was most likely stamped in Taiwan and assembled there...didn't make any headway their either. My hope was to get the direct info and use my contacts in the Pacific Rim countries to procure some pieces for me...but no such luck. Wish I had better news.

Just googel the stuff and some of them come up!

http://www.manufacturers.com.tw/vehicles/Aftermarket-Auto-Body-Parts.html

Edited by d.reese

You'll probably have to find a donar car to cut one out of or repair the one you have (not sure how bad it's rusted out). I called a couple of vendors that sell the quarter/door assembly to see if I could acquire specific pieces (front door post, a-pillar, inside cowl panel), not the entire units...and ended up with a 'can't do it'. I tried getting the manufacturers contact info as well, since it was most likely stamped in Taiwan and assembled there...didn't make any headway their either. My hope was to get the direct info and use my contacts in the Pacific Rim countries to procure some pieces for me...but no such luck. Wish I had better news.

Just googel the stuff and some of them come up!

http://www.manufacturers.com.tw/vehicles/Aftermarket-Auto-Body-Parts.html

Edited by d.reese