Sign in to follow this  
tony 63C

looking for a source for these

Are these distributor to coil wires with the yellow boot being reproduced? The insulation on the one on my 351W mach 1 (single points vac advance) is cracked in several places and I'd rather replace it than bandage it up.

Many thanks in advance,

Tony

Are these distributor to coil wires with the yellow boot being reproduced? The insulation on the one on my 351W mach 1 (single points vac advance) is cracked in several places and I'd rather replace it than bandage it up.

Many thanks in advance,

Tony

Midlife over on Stangfix.com fixes and rehabs old harness on the side. Might be worth looking into if you can't find a replacement. Have heard nothing but good things about his work.

Thanks 69RestoRod.

Actually, it never occured to be to just restore mine by simply replacing the wire but reusing the boot and grommet. I'll need to check to see how easily these parts can be removed.

In the meantime though I'll check around for a NOS or repro one. I would be grateful to anyone who could point me in the right direction. None of the Mustang parts retailers on the web seem to have these.

Cheers,

Tony

I found these at CJ's. The '70 would probably work, although it's white, not the correct yellow color. I'd like to replace the ring lug on my Pertronix lead with a correct looking right-angle boot myself.

http://sitesearch.cjponyparts.com/search?keywords=distributor+primary+wire&search_btn=+