Sign in to follow this  
gunnerdog

upgrading my front disc brakes

I have the factory disc brakes on my 69. I want to upgrade to better brakes. I have a pair of drilled and slotted rotors for the 69 and a set of 04 GT brakes with steel braided lines that I would like to mount. I was going to have brackets made and mount them. Is this a good call or should I be looking at other kits like the cobra brakes. It seem you need to have drum spindles for the conversion. Any suggestions?

I have the factory disc brakes on my 69. I want to upgrade to better brakes. I have a pair of drilled and slotted rotors for the 69 and a set of 04 GT brakes with steel braided lines that I would like to mount. I was going to have brackets made and mount them. Is this a good call or should I be looking at other kits like the cobra brakes. It seem you need to have drum spindles for the conversion. Any suggestions?

I realize this was posted just under a month ago, but to answer your question, "no", in reference to needing drum spindles for the 13" Cobra rotors.

The recently released components that makes it possible to put Cobra rotors and twin-piston alumium PBR calipers on '68-'73 Mustang Disc Brake Spindles or '75-'80 Granada/Monarch Disc Brake Spindles are these conversion components:

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7610/cobragranadakit.jpg

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6484/granadacobratestcar2.jpg

steve@ultrastang.com