Sign in to follow this  
mrstang69

69 clock wiring

I am changing my gauge cluster lights to Blue LED'S. While i had everything taking apart, I decided to check my clock since it has not work since i"ve owned my car. On the back of the clock the wires had been cut.:scared: I am trying to figure out how many wires come out of the lights and where to connect the clock back into. Looking for pics if anyone has some.:helpsmilie:

Howdy, the clock requires just a 12v hot wire and a ground. Do you still have the original connector to the clock? If so, you just need to butt-splice to a hot source and ground and you're good to go.

As a guess, they probably disconnected the clock because it was not working or spinning crazily (like my kid's) when you apply power to it. I'd take the clock out of the car first, put 12v across it with an external battery source, and see if it even works before you invest too much time in this. There are several threads here about getting the clocks to work by cleaning them or replacing the mechanism with a quartz system if your clock doesn't work.

Tom