Sign in to follow this  
helrazr70

Wanted: Door jamb panels...

I need the panel sthat the door strikers are mounted to. (also the rear 1/4 skin attaches to it) I have a fastback, but I have been told that I can modify a coupe panel or cut the portions I need from the coupe panel.

Both of mine have had acident damage and look bad as well as the tab that welds to the rocker on both sides has rusted away. (door corners rusted out and got the tabs)

I also need the lower portion (maybe the whole panel) that the door hinges mount to. The lower tab that mounts to the rocker has rusted away. (due to the door corners rotting out) I have not removed the doors yet, so I am not sure about the rest of the panel.

I have found 2 resources for these parts, but they are priced very high and I am trying to beat their prices.

Anyone have any they want to part with?

vertical panels in front and behind the door. Hinges tie to the front panel, rear panel ties to the rocker known as the "dog leg" to old school body men. I am not aware of repro's of this being available but with dynacorn now anything is possible. Maybe some has a parts car they air saw up.

Have to make it worth someones while and maybe redline a good picture where you want them cut. That front panel is a b*tch to cut out. I just brought my parts car to the scrap metal yard on Friday. After 20 minutes with the saws-all it fit in the 6.5' bed of my pickup, lol. The latch panel might have been ok, but the dogleg was punky.

I actually had to remove both of mine (front vertical panels/door post) and repair them...lot's of fab time. Dynacorn doesn't have them, or didn't a few months back. I wanted the inside cowl panel (with vent) also and they are not produced either. I spoke with Dynacorn and they stated they weren't being produced and don't have any plans to do so. You can, however, buy the entire right or left side of the the car (1969 sportroof) for around $1,400 which has:

-Complete Door Frame Assembly

-Quarter Panel Frame Assembly

-Outer Rocker Panel

-Cowl Side Panel

-Wheel House

A little pricey for just a few pieces:scared:. I asked them if I could buy the components of the door assembly (front door post/inside cowl panel) separately and was met with a hearty no. I'm headed to a guys place tomorrow who has a couple of sportroof parts cars he's willing to allow folks to cut up. He's says their in rough shape and both have been in accidents. If the parts are in decent shape, I can hack them out for you just for the price of shipping. What side do you need, drivers/passenger...or both? Heck of way to spend Labor Day...working:helpsmilie: