Sign in to follow this  
Hellcat

Wanted - 351 Cleveland shaker base

I may have a lead on one, send or post a pic of what you have and we may be able to work something out.

John

John, I am also in Ohio, Canton. I have a confirmed 351 Torino Cleveland base. It has the numbers 70142 and 70143. With the torino midplate (holes are drilled slightly different for Torino and Mustang) it is about 3/4 inch higher then the Mustang setup. The correct base for the Mustang 351 Cleveland will have the numbers 70071 and 70072.

My base has some damage on the bottom ring where it sits on the carb ring. It still sits and mounts fine and can't be seen unless you take it off and could be repaired by someone with the skills. You can see it in one of the pics. The base has been media blasted and is now in black primer.

A trade would be great but failing that I will be looking to buy the correct base. The Torino midplate could be part of a deal or I can keep it and just redrill the holes.

P7160013.jpg

P7160027.jpg

P7150005.jpg