Sign in to follow this  
Swags63

69 428 CJ Radiator ID

I'm in the process of restoring my 69 Mach 1. It is a 428 CJ 4sp I was wondering if anyone has knowledge of the radiator for this car I believe the part number is correct C8ZE-L1 but I was wondering about the date code mine is a 8LC, I was wondering what that means and if it is correct for my car.

Thanks, Dave

Hi Dave,

'Have the same resto project but my SCJ's original radiator is long gone.

You might find some good info or ask for help on the 428 Cobrajet Registry.

Like this forum, it's a great site with lot's of info & help from members.

Cheers

Well it was made in 1968 so it would be hard to say that much isn't right. if it's a 4spd car it should have no cooler outlets on the bottom, in those days they weren't there unless it was an auto.

The registry would probably be your best bet for part number information.

Thanks for the help. My next question would be if this is a 68 date coded radiator is it possible that it ended up in my car from the factory or more then likely was it replaced at a earlier date when these where available?? If the later is ture should I sell it to some one who needs it for a factory correct restore??

Thanks in advance, Dave:helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

A 68 radiator could be in a 69 car for sure, if your car was built before spring of '69 then it would have to be a '68 radiator. if your radiator has no cooler line fittings for an automatic I would have to guess it's original, and not even a concours judge would argue with the date.

The cores for those radiators are pretty expensive and hard to find, you're lucky to have one at all.