Sign in to follow this  
foothilltom

1969 Coupe for sale

Howdy folks, it's been a loooong time since I last posted, but some of you may recall that my son and I did a 69 coupe resto-mod and -- along the way -- acquired a 69 coupe as a "donor mobile".

Well, I'm selling the donor mobile and would like to first make it available at a really steep discount to the folks here that helped me so much.

$1500 gets it done.

It's a whole car, but it's also a bit bizarre. Here are some lowlights:

* I replaced the incredibly rusty roof panel with a fiberglass panel made in my garage (it looks like it).

* The body is whole but has several smallish dents on the quarters, doors, and fenders. Nothing a "good" body person couldn't fix, but I didn't try.

* I painted the car with the cheapest auto paint I could find just to keep it from rusting away. It looks like hell, but it was fun learning. It's red with white shelby stripes.

* No carpet. It has standard interior which has the usual rips and tears you'd find in 40 year old seats.

* Has a CA salvage title.

The highlights:

* 302 2V runs surprisingly well. Runs cool, though I'd say it could use some tuning up.

* 3-speed auto works great, no slips.

* Electrically, everything works, though I can't vouch for the blower motor yet.

* Hood is in very good shape. I've POR 15'd the car so rust is not a factor anymore.

* Dash pad has one crack at the mid-line but otherwise in good shape.

* All instruments work, dash panel is in very good shape.

* Floor pans are solid, no rust.

I'll post some pictures to my website as soon as the first person shows any interest. The car starts and is drive-able, though I realize I'm talking to 99% of you that don't live near Auburn, CA where the Mustang lives.

In my pretty lame opinion, this car could easily be resurrected by someone with the right skill or parted out by somebody who knows what stuff is worth.

You can email me at tdayton@gmail.com. Any interest, questions, or opinions are welcome.

Tom

Howdy folks, it's been a loooong time since I last posted, but some of you may recall that my son and I did a 69 coupe resto-mod and -- along the way -- acquired a 69 coupe as a "donor mobile".

Well, I'm selling the donor mobile and would like to first make it available at a really steep discount to the folks here that helped me so much.

$1500 gets it done.

It's a whole car, but it's also a bit bizarre. Here are some lowlights:

* I replaced the incredibly rusty roof panel with a fiberglass panel made in my garage (it looks like it).

* The body is whole but has several smallish dents on the quarters, doors, and fenders. Nothing a "good" body person couldn't fix, but I didn't try.

* I painted the car with the cheapest auto paint I could find just to keep it from rusting away. It looks like hell, but it was fun learning. It's red with white shelby stripes.

* No carpet. It has standard interior which has the usual rips and tears you'd find in 40 year old seats.

* Has a CA salvage title.

The highlights:

* 302 2V runs surprisingly well. Runs cool, though I'd say it could use some tuning up.

* 3-speed auto works great, no slips.

* Electrically, everything works, though I can't vouch for the blower motor yet.

* Hood is in very good shape. I've POR 15'd the car so rust is not a factor anymore.

* Dash pad has one crack at the mid-line but otherwise in good shape.

* All instruments work, dash panel is in very good shape.

* Floor pans are solid, no rust.

I'll post some pictures to my website as soon as the first person shows any interest. The car starts and is drive-able, though I realize I'm talking to 99% of you that don't live near Auburn, CA where the Mustang lives.

In my pretty lame opinion, this car could easily be resurrected by someone with the right skill or parted out by somebody who knows what stuff is worth.

You can email me at tdayton@gmail.com. Any interest, questions, or opinions are welcome.

Tom