Sign in to follow this  
ForceFed70

Now that spring is here.

Hi ForceFed,

Busy winter here too. Completed my Megasquirt install using GM TBI for now, got it running two weekends ago. Having problems with the IAC valve not working, need to diagnose that yet. And then tune it properly of course. Have the EDIS parts waiting, but want to have the fuel injection working properly before messing with ignition. MS has been quite a learning experience.

And I noticed the other day that I have a rear axle seal leak which probably means a brake job on that side along with the axle seal.

Sounds Good Gazoo

I had problems with stepper IAC as well, but turns out that the firmware had a bug. If you are running older firmware, definately update to the newest version. The problem I had was that during a cold start, as the engine warmed up the IAC didn't adjust properly and the idle was too high. But if I turned the engine off, then re-started, the idle would be perfect.

You can pull the IAC out of the TBI unit and watch it move... might be helpful.

Sounds Good Gazoo

I had problems with stepper IAC as well, but turns out that the firmware had a bug. If you are running older firmware, definately update to the newest version. The problem I had was that during a cold start, as the engine warmed up the IAC didn't adjust properly and the idle was too high. But if I turned the engine off, then re-started, the idle would be perfect.

You can pull the IAC out of the TBI unit and watch it move... might be helpful.

FF70, I'm using the latest 2.888 firmware already. I did pull the IAC out of the body to watch it - but I can't get it to move at all, and I tried two different ones. I must have a wiring problem, I think.

Where did you mount the ECU and relay board? I sacrificed my glove box, and have mounted the Innovate 02 gauge right beside the other two gauges in my gauge pod on the console.

Is there any easy way to add pictures into a thread? I could start a new thread and include some pics.

FF70, I'm using the latest 2.888 firmware already. I did pull the IAC out of the body to watch it - but I can't get it to move at all, and I tried two different ones. I must have a wiring problem, I think.

Where did you mount the ECU and relay board? I sacrificed my glove box, and have mounted the Innovate 02 gauge right beside the other two gauges in my gauge pod on the console.

Is there any easy way to add pictures into a thread? I could start a new thread and include some pics.

Gazoo, the easiest way to post pictures it to put them on a free hosting site like Photobucket.com. Upload the picture and after it loads it will have 3 lines of code underneath it. Copy and past the IMG code onto you post at 69stang.com and then the picture should be imbeded. Preview the post first to assure that it works.

Gazoo, the easiest way to post pictures it to put them on a free hosting site like Photobucket.com. Upload the picture and after it loads it will have 3 lines of code underneath it. Copy and past the IMG code onto you post at 69stang.com and then the picture should be imbeded. Preview the post first to assure that it works.

It's pretty easy to upload a picture if you use the "advanced" posting method (click on the "Go Advanced" button).

My relay board is mounted near the passanger side hood hinge. Also moved my starter relay to this location (battery went to the trunk, had to make room for turbo). The ECU is inside the passanger compartment, mounted to the firewall right below the heater core. Carpet covers it, the passanger can sorta kick the ECU through the carpet, but the enclosure is plenty strong.

For your stepper problems: 2.88 code is certainly new enough. Double check that your MS2 is correctly configured for the stepper IAC. It can be configured for Fidle, PWM, or stepper. The stepper wiring can get a little confusing with the relay board... take your time and trace all of the circuits right back to the ECU. It sucks how something simple can eat up a lot of time when trying to troubleshoot. However, I find that you learn a lot more that way.

It's pretty easy to upload a picture if you use the "advanced" posting method (click on the "Go Advanced" button).

My relay board is mounted near the passanger side hood hinge. Also moved my starter relay to this location (battery went to the trunk, had to make room for turbo). The ECU is inside the passanger compartment, mounted to the firewall right below the heater core. Carpet covers it, the passanger can sorta kick the ECU through the carpet, but the enclosure is plenty strong.

For your stepper problems: 2.88 code is certainly new enough. Double check that your MS2 is correctly configured for the stepper IAC. It can be configured for Fidle, PWM, or stepper. The stepper wiring can get a little confusing with the relay board... take your time and trace all of the circuits right back to the ECU. It sucks how something simple can eat up a lot of time when trying to troubleshoot. However, I find that you learn a lot more that way.