Sign in to follow this  
PaleRider

Cheap Good Headers for 351c 4V?

Like to put a set of headers on w/o breaking bank pn my stock 70 mach with 351c 4v,FMX. Don't need to be ceramic - going for more perf not looks. Interested in hearing opinons on short or longs. Appreciate any insights. thanks

Edited by PaleRider

Like to put a set of headers on w/o breaking bank pn my stock 70 mach with 351c 4v,FMX. Don't need to be ceramic - going for more perf not looks. Interested in hearing opinons on short or longs. Appreciate any insights. thanks

Edited by PaleRider

I don't know if there is a good cheap header. super comps are pretty good, the Edlbrock shorties are the way I'd go if I wanted headers again, they eliminate the ground clearance issue leaving only the other header draw backs to deal with.

I don't know if there is a good cheap header. super comps are pretty good, the Edlbrock shorties are the way I'd go if I wanted headers again, they eliminate the ground clearance issue leaving only the other header draw backs to deal with.

i went from headers back to stock manifolds on my rebuild for reliability. i have been told that headers dont help much unless you are pushing high hp. when i bought the car it had long tube headers on it and they hung low dragging on speed bumps and my driveway.

i went from headers back to stock manifolds on my rebuild for reliability. i have been told that headers dont help much unless you are pushing high hp. when i bought the car it had long tube headers on it and they hung low dragging on speed bumps and my driveway.

I have a FMX trans and had no problems with the install.They were just painted black but I sandblasted them and painted them with VHT ceramic spraypaint and followed the instructions on the can and they still look like the day I installed them.They also came with all the gaskets and the header bolts.They are made by Flowtech which is made by Holley.

I have a FMX trans and had no problems with the install.They were just painted black but I sandblasted them and painted them with VHT ceramic spraypaint and followed the instructions on the can and they still look like the day I installed them.They also came with all the gaskets and the header bolts.They are made by Flowtech which is made by Holley.

Thanks Dennyb - Did you need to put powering steering drop on? Assumin you have a 70 correct? I like the tip on painitng also. thanks again.

Yes you need to buy the steering drop. I think you could pick it up for like $15 on ebay and NPD.

Thanks Dennyb - Did you need to put powering steering drop on? Assumin you have a 70 correct? I like the tip on painitng also. thanks again.

Yes you need to buy the steering drop. I think you could pick it up for like $15 on ebay and NPD.