Sign in to follow this  
69stang

Thanks to EVERYONE!! She's Complete (yea right)

I want to thank Pakrat, Bnickel, and 6T9Mach1, plus everyone else for all the help with my mustang.

What I ended up with:

'69 302 Block

AFR 165's

Offenhauser 6010DP

Holley 4011 650 cfm SPREADBORE carb!

Hooker Headers

Summit FULL dual Exhaust 2 1/2 inch pipes all the way back

T5 (.63 OD)

3.55 LSD 8" Rear

I couldn't be happier with the combo!! I get better than 30 mpg in my daily driving, somewhere around 34-36 when I really baby her. I am guessing she is in the mid 300s hp wise, and eventually I will get her Dyno'd (and dyno tuned).

I want to thank everyone who helped me pick out parts, and helped me with the idea, and didn't just tell me "There's a reason everyone does it a similar way".

Not saying my way is ideal, or perfect, but I love getting better gas mileage than most cars on the road today with a monster of a muscle car.

Thanks again!!

All thats left to do is move the battery to the trunk, completely re-do the interior, convert over to power windows, get a cold air intake... ok there's still a ton to do, which I am sure I will ask for more help/knowledge with.

Wow!!!!!! You did your self proud! Nice work from the before to the after, again nothing there to be ashamed of. Very nice looking coupe, good job! That six is the most impressive part about her!!

well you need to update your pics with the new v8!!!!! i'm curious to see how all of our advice turned out looking. 30 MPG? seriously? that's freaking awesome!!!!!! in fact that's so awesome that if i ever do find a 68-71 ranchero to use as a daily driver to replace my town car i may end up copying our build as close as i can, though i plan to use the roller block from the town car with a mild roller cam and a set of crane energizer (93 cobra) 1.7 rocker arms and probably the EFI as well, it'll have to be able to pull my folks boat around

Yea I had to change to roller rockers. Believe me the build I did will have more than enough power to pull the boat. It's AMAZING low end, I would say far better than with a performer rpm or something due to the EXTREMELY small runners.

I didn't get a chance to but probably doing some porting on the heads/intake would have increased it as well.

30 mpg is good, but I am still hoping to squeeze a few more out. I think a HUGE difference will be when I have someone other than me tune the carb. I want to get aluminum underdrive pulleys, a cold air intake (colder air - more efficient burn), possibly an electric fan, plus some other ideas I have.

Thank you SO much for all the help! I will get pictures up soon.

I am currently figuring out the interior, I want some NICE lazy boy esque seats (going to lower the seat pan)