Sign in to follow this  
Rad69

1969 Grande Coupe suspension suggestions?

I'm at a point in my build were it would be a good idea to work on the suspension. I've never built a mustang before so I don't know what I should do. I'm thinking that I want to run 17" rims. So does anyone have suggestions and pics to share that would give me an idea of how I want this car to sit? Thanks

That's a very general question. What are you planning to do with the car? Street cruising only? How wide a rim? Tire size? There are many things you can do suspension-wise. At one end of the spectrum is replacing components with stock replacements and at the other end complete custom setups front & rear and everything in between. Front bushing upgrades, stock style but improved components, front coilovers, strut conversions, MII IFS, unequal a-arms. Rear coilovers, several versions of 3-link, several versions of 4-link, IRSs, various leaf upgrades. Best to do seaches on several forums to help figure out what suits you best.

OH and I took the plate and rubber pads out of the spring saddle. You will see what Im talking about when you pull it apart. there is extra padding for the grande' .

You can keep the plate and use it as a lowering block if you want to drop the rear at a later date.