Sign in to follow this  
flight96

Painless Wiring kit...

Good Day All,

I'm looking at replacing my harness and have found a good deal on this kit (Painless 10123). Will this kit work for a 69 Vert ? Has anyone here used this?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am in no way a wire guru.... I'mJust a dumb car painter !!:tongue:

Thanks !!

personally i don't care for the painless kits for our cars, the way the wiring is routed through the firewall using a grommet on a metal plate really bothers me, why can't they use a stock type fuebox that uses modern fuses and connects up the same as original? i really don't understand, i think it makes the wiring look cheap personally and makes me wonder if they can't do any better than that what else in that kit can they not improve upon?

just my 2 cents but i would rewire the car with stock/repro harnesses and use an add-on fuse box for accessories.

I bought a EZ-Wiring 21 circuit kit and it was like $120. You will have to reuse your end connectors from your old harness. Which kind of sucks. But worth the price difference. I have not got the car wired up all the way yet. But one day.... :P

Yep thats it. All the wires are labeled all the way down just like the painless ones. Its a cheaper option and maybe even better if you want to add on power windows etc. It just requires more work.

I used the painless kit on my 69 GTO and it went in real easy. Since there was no block in the engine bay from the fuse block I painted an electrical box (round type) and put grommets in the openings I needed (for the starter wiring, for the left side/headlights and for the right side of the engine bay.) Not stock but hard to tell it didn't belong with just a glance.