Sign in to follow this  
wantahertzdonut

Looking For Exhaust Sound Samples

My car sounds rather wimpy and needs an upgrade. I start it and it reminds me of a Model T.

That won't do.

I know what I want, but I don't know how to get it. I'd love for it to sound something like the GTx1 in this video. I also want to make it side exit exhaust. But I don't know what sounds come from what mufflers and need some pointers.

Basically I want loud and smooth, not the typical blattyness you get from a big block and I'd like to avoid the watery sound that every V8 mustang sounds like.

So does anyone have any recomendations what what I should be looking for, and better yet know where I can hear a sound clip of it?

Or for that matter, is there a website that has sound clips on different cars? I've been around youtube but I don't even know what to look for.

what you need to do is install a 6000 watt stereo system and dub the exhaust of the GTX-1 over your car's exhaust, kinda like they did in Bullitt with an original GT-40's 427 and bundle o'snakes exhaust system :biggrin:

if that's the sound you're looking for i would seriously consider some Spin Tech or Dr. Gas mufflers and an X-pipe with tri-y or long tuber headers

Lol, well after seeing a friend installing a 4.6 in a 69, I can tell you it's no easy task!

I have long tube headers right now and just some generic mufflers, true dual exhaust all the way out. Engine is a 355W, nothing too radical.

I figured I'd need to get an X-pipe anyway, and I'll check into the Spin Tech and Dr. Gas mufflers Brian mentioned.