Sign in to follow this  
BuckeyeDemon

WTB: Rear Axle Bumper Bracket

Looking for an original rust free Driver's Side Rear Axle Bumper Bracket. This piece is spot welded to the rear frame rail and holds a rubber bumper. I just need the bracket.

Mine is 69 Mustang, but I believe 64-70 are probably the same.

Any help in locating one would be appreciated.

I've got to replace mine also. I found that some of the aftermarket suppliers do carry these as a reproduction part. They are a little pricey.

I thought I would to try to weld one up myself. I'll let ya know how it comes out. It may be more of a task than I want to tackle.

i have a repop driver's side bracket i'll sell you. i just received it yesterday from virginia classic mustang. $20 total including shipping.

you shouldn't have any problem installing it. just drill some holes, plug weld and grind.

thanks for responding though.

dan

Thanks for the offer and I may take you up on it. I want to try my hand at fixing mine first. I suppose then that you are strictly wanting an original. I'm sure someone on here has access to one. I'm still looking for a small peice of rocker panel, thought for sure someone would have a leftover piece with all the restorations taking place.