Sign in to follow this  
Boogerschnot

Car is in for Paint: Pics..

I dropped the car off a couple of weeks ago and wanted to let you guys see the progress pics.. The roof was horible,, pitted along the seams front to back from the vinyl top and the previous owner pulled it off and covered the rust with bondo.. That didnt last very long..

Hey booger, for some that don't know, that looks like a lot of filler on the left rear qtr panel. My GTO is looking the same on both qtrs and I know for a fact he pulled all small and major dents before applying the thin layers filler. I believe your in good hands there from what I've seen on mine.

The goat has gone from that qtr to primed, blocked, final primed and blocked again. Then ready for paint, check with them on the steps before paint is applied just so you'll know what your getting is what you paid for.

Good luck!

Hey booger, for some that don't know, that looks like a lot of filler on the left rear qtr panel. My GTO is looking the same on both qtrs and I know for a fact he pulled all small and major dents before applying the thin layers filler. I believe your in good hands there from what I've seen on mine.

The goat has gone from that qtr to primed, blocked, final primed and blocked again. Then ready for paint, check with them on the steps before paint is applied just so you'll know what your getting is what you paid for.

Good luck!

He has done good so far,, down to bare metal then a skim of filler where needed after the metal work, then an epoxy primer to seal it up and now he is working with spraying and blocking a poly primer. He says he usually gets 4-6 coats of poly on, blocking each time and from the work he has done, he knows his stuff.. Even though its in his back yard. I just hope it comes out great. From his previous clients, they have told me that its hard for this guy to "not put a $15,000 looking quality paint job on a car".. Im just keeping my fingers crossed.

Oh, and he has straightened that drivers side quarter out a bit, it had taken some damage from a previous owner collision, and replaced the tail light pannel and the rear valance and cut a few spots of metal out along the rear window channel which got all new metal, so he is doing good and working pretty fast. He had 3 other guys with him to strip it and then pretty much took over all the finishing work for himself.. he likes the work to reflect him. and he gets all excited when he finishes a section which makes me feel like he is not just doing it as a job, hes actually got a passion for it.

Anyway, thanks for the comments.