Sign in to follow this  
69stang

Cooled Seats

I want to do Fiero Seats (using Mr. Mikes), I was wondering if anyone has used cooled seats if so, how did they work and do you think it is possible to do to fiero seats.

If you are talking about the simple over the top cushion than I don't see why not. If you are talking about the built in units like some Audi's and BMW's than I have no idea what is involved for that or if it is even available as a unit but if the foam those manufactures use is no different thatn standard seat foam then I don't see why technically you couldn't do it but I have to believe that the entire seat surface area needs to be perforated.

Cooled seats use TED[thermo-electric device] technology which can both heat and cool your seats...very "simple" wiring ,however the seat cushions need to be "perforated" to allow the cooled or heated air to escape...which means that you also need to have room under the seat for a fan assembly.. all of this takes up a pretty fair amount of room..I will try to find some notes I have on it if you are still interested..

'

White seats and pockets for a gel inserts from your freezer, :lol: You could even have a cooler mounted with DC power or through an inverter. Sounds like something out of My Name is Earl, but it could work. :whistling: