Sign in to follow this  
7tRedMach

Rimblow horn switch replacement

I need to replace the horn switch on my rimblow wheel. Any info, tips, sites, or instructions on how to replace the switch without damaging the wheel would be greatly appreciated. Where, or from whom, is the best place to buy the switch?

Thanks for the info

Paul

Average price is around $125 so Virginia Classic probably sells it for $110-115. Just check all the major suppliers like CJ Pony, NPD, Mustangs Unlimited, California Mustang, Mustang Factory and on and on, no shortage of vendors these days that's for sure. Just be sure to also check the shipping charges for the best total price. Mustang Factory offers free shipping on orders over $80 and their service is outstanding so even if it is a few dollars more than the best price you find in the end it is worth it.

As for "how to" I do not believe it is very hard once you get it carefully seperated but I wouldn't be surprised if you can find an article on this on the Mustang Monthly website.

The Rimblow switch is just a flexible rubber strip that slides into a slot running around the wheel. The only difficulty I had was that the old rubber was deteriorated and had got sticky and gross, and would not slide out. I had to pry it out bit by bit with a small screwdriver. Once all the old rubber was cleaned out, the new one slid right in.