Sign in to follow this  
railblazer82

Front Frame Rails

I know this has been talked about before, but, after an hour of searching the archives, i decicded to just ask, but i did try lol..

My front frame rails are shot, namely from the shock towers forward. I thought about just replacing fromt thethe shock towere forward, but i got a screaming deal on the full rails. what is the best way to do this? Is it siply cut them out and wels the new ones in? Or is there a procedure of doing this? THese and a couple inner fender aprons, and were ready for paint! THanks guys!!!

I know this has been talked about before, but, after an hour of searching the archives, i decicded to just ask, but i did try lol..

My front frame rails are shot, namely from the shock towers forward. I thought about just replacing fromt thethe shock towere forward, but i got a screaming deal on the full rails. what is the best way to do this? Is it siply cut them out and wels the new ones in? Or is there a procedure of doing this? THese and a couple inner fender aprons, and were ready for paint! THanks guys!!!

i personally wouldn't replace the full length unless they are soft. i replaced just forward of the shock tower. i've documented the process at the following link:

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh270/buckeyedemon/69%20Mustang%20Mach%201/passenger%20side%20front%20frame%20rail/

Look for the Fender Apron's folder and the Front Crossmember folders as you will need to dig into these as well. (the pictures in those folders are not in time order yet).

good luck

i personally wouldn't replace the full length unless they are soft. i replaced just forward of the shock tower. i've documented the process at the following link:

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh270/buckeyedemon/69%20Mustang%20Mach%201/passenger%20side%20front%20frame%20rail/

Look for the Fender Apron's folder and the Front Crossmember folders as you will need to dig into these as well. (the pictures in those folders are not in time order yet).

good luck