Sign in to follow this  
69_302RustangFB

finally

Well, finally after racking my brains out trying to choose a color I finally settled on one that will keep my car close to its original Candy Apple Red but still be different. Basically its Dupont's hot Hues Apple Candy over Pot O'gold looks really good. Pictures does the color no justice but I attached one to give an idea of what the red should look like. My car should hit the paint booth in a couple of weeks to have the jams and stuff done. Get to see how it looks then on the car, but I won''t completely paint it till a couple of other things are finished. Now I just got to figure out what color to use for stripes and stuff that will accent this color well.

here i go with my flat charcoal speech again....:whistling: but i think a blacout hood using a flat charcoal color and taillight panel with maybe a GT stripe would look really good with that color, especially if you matched the wheels to it too. i think that would be an awesome look for a coupe. very pro-touring with a high tech and old school combination. you get old school with the candy color and high tech with the flat charcoal

My father built a 56 ford pickup and painted it bright yellow. He then had ghost flames which were mostly pearl with some slight accents around the tips. It gave it a very agressive look, but wasn't in your face like a lot of flame jobs are.

What about doing some like that with you stripes? Maybe a slightly lighter shade of red with lots of pearl. You would see them, but they wouldn't jump out at you.

Josh

"Subtle" is the key. You want people to notice the CAR and not the STRIPES.

subtle is the key, exactly why i suggest the flat charcoal hood and NOT stripes. it'll offset the paint just enough to really offset it but not draw attention away from the rest of the car.